Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Band

The subject that I dread every day: Band. It’s the class that I wish I didn’t have to take but I know I would miss it if I quit. But this isn’t about the class; this is about the actual instruments. You know the annoying sounds that they make sometimes. Today, I will talk about only a few certain ones. Actually only three but still I hate them both. These annoying instruments will be the trumpet, saxophone and the drums.
            The trumpet is probably one of the most annoying instruments. I love the sound but there is a breaking point. You see, I sit right in front of them in band. I play the saxophone. Which is annoying too but I will not complain about my own instrument until later. Anyway, I wish I didn’t have to sit in front of it. I’m pretty sure that there is one trumpet who plays entirely too loud. Of course, the band teacher loves that he plays so loud. It’s just not fun to sit in front of where the sound comes out of. My friend and I like to complain about it, but we can not do anything about it though. I know, depressing. Every time I walk into that class room, and listen to the trumpets and drums, I get a monster headache. You get the point of this.
            The drums are probably one of the most annoying instruments EVER. In my school, they sit in the back of the band room banging away on their stupid drums. Those big base drums, the snares (I really need ear plugs) and the bell things. I just hate them because they are annoying. They just need to stop. Really. They literally shake the band room. I get head aches too from them. I’m pretty sure that not very many people enjoy hearing drums. There is not much else to say about this annoying instrument.
            The saxophone is my instrument. I hate it. But, I love it too. You see I like playing music in concert band but marching band… anyway, that is not important. My instrument is horribly broken. When I say horribly I mean like dents and scratches and it breaks like everyday. To make it short, tape and a mini screw driver I bought at Rural King are heroes for my instrument. The saxophone is also an annoying instrument. It squeaks and when you hit low notes, it vibrates the chair that I sit in. Yes, but I love it.
            Now it’s about the class. As I said before, I like the concert band, in fact you could almost say that I like it more than reading sometimes, only sometimes. It’s the marching band that kills me. We go out to the football field almost every day, making us late for lunch. You see, our football field is like really far away from our school. So, we climb on a bus, ride out to the field, practicing for about thirty minutes. Not fun and a horrible idea.
            You might be getting annoyed with me talking about annoying things. But quite frankly, I really can’t change my topic now because my teacher won’t let me. So yeah. Anyway, any class that annoys you, comment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment