Saturday, September 11, 2010

Obsessed People

Do you that one friend or acquaintance who is completely obsessed with famous people? Because I do. And it gets annoying. You would think that it would be a girl, no, mine’s a guy. Three famous people he’s obsessed with (in order)


1. Madonna (I mean come on, MADONNA?)

2. This Barbra person who I really don’t care about (sings her songs ALL THE TIME!)

3. Lady Gaga (ditto)

He is still obsessed with it! But that’s not the point. He is literally obsessed with the top three though. Just say, “Hey, what’s that Madonna song that goes…” or Lady Gaga or that Barbra person. Oh, and when I say he sings all the time, I mean ALL the time.

Anyway, that’s just my friend. You know when Michal Jackson died and people were crying saying that it was the saddest day of their lives? Yep: obsession. I mean, you don’t even know him personally! Or when someone meets someone famous they are like “OH MY GOD! THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!” Tell that to your wife if you have one or your parents or kids. Trust me, it’s not the happiest day of you life. That day would be either you wedding or the day your mother in law moves across the country. Just kidding.

Anyway, don’t you just think it is just a little weird to love a person you never met, or will ever meet (not to burst your bubble or anything but it is probably never gonna happen) that one famous person? I do, defiantly. I mean, I can see if it’s your job and everything but sometimes it’s just regular people who are obsessed with the people they will never meet. They might be a good singer or a great actor or actress, but that’s no excuse to almost mulling them when you see them, or even chase after them for a while. I would never do that! Partially because I am not a very fast runner and I would get tired after one block and quit but also because I’m not crazy like that. I would be exicited and stuff but enough to mull or chase someone? Or even get into a fight over who’s better? (cough, cough, Twilight, Team Jacob or Team Edward… Just to clear it up, I’m Team Guy-who-almost-hit-Bella-with-a-van, if you have seen the movie).

Enough with that type of obsession and to the more subtle part. That was the over the top a little, if I must say so myself. My hometown obsession hits me in the area of my shriveled up heart, wait, cross that out, heart, my friend who I mentioned at the top. I’m pretty sure I don’t go a lunch with out him talking about Lady Gaga’s new song or a Barbra strizing song. He knows basically everything about Madonna’s life… he came so exicited about him thinking he knows where she lives. Then, a few days ago, he came walking into lunch saying that his sister met a Barbra (person I mentioned above) impersonator who even knew the real Barbra. It was the high light of his day. I get annoyed quite often with him.

Enough about me and my obsessed friend! I wanna hear about your movie star/ pop star obsessed friends or acquaintance! Comment yours to me

No comments:

Post a Comment