Friday, September 17, 2010

Homecoming Week

            Ah, Homecoming. The fun of the week before. At my school, for the week before, we have themed days. For example, we have class colors, superhero day, toga day even. But, as always, there is something annoying about it: the extremists. The people who go above and beyond the expected. And these people, we applauded for being the new annoying theme for this week.
            For this Homecoming week, which we just finished, Monday was hat day. For hat day, my friend, who is also the same person who is obsessed with pop stars, wore a sombrero. And this isn’t just an ordinary sombrero, this is a HUGE one. I mean, this is big. Oh and to top it off, it was from Mexico. I wore an ordinary snow hat. I wear it everywhere. No joke. Anyway, back to the extreme. At lunch, we put our trash on it. He didn’t notice at all until his hat started to tip off. And during that forty minutes, I hit his hat off at least five times. It was joyful for me.
            For the next day, Tuesday, if you didn’t know, was Toga Day. Yes, togas. Normal people like me (or somewhat normal people) we wore just a bed sheet wrapped around us, maybe cutting it in a few places, not going out and buying an actual Toga costume, and wearing it to school. Yes, he actually bought one. And he looked stupid too. My was blue. It was a fun day.
            Wednesday was class colors day. It was also a day of Powder Puff. (see ending of blog) Green for freshmen, blue for sophomores, pink for juniors, and finally orange for seniors. Orange and black our school colors. I am a sophomore. So is my friend. Just guess what he did. Yes, the extreme: he painted himself blue. Yes, blue. He looked like a smurf. I laughed. Very much. Yes, fun.
            Oh the best day was Thursday. It was Super Hero Day. Please just guess what he did. Superman? No. Batman? No. Wonder Woman? Heck no! No he was Captain Underpants. Yes, underpants and all. I walk into to lunch room and almost died of laughter. We (my friends) asked if he went and bought new underwear. Thank god. We also asked if he still wore whitey tighties. Thank god again. We came up with the name J.C.Whitey-tighties. We are creative.
            Finally, Friday. We had an eleven thirty dismissal. We also had class games. He said he was going to paint his face in tiger stripes. Tiger are our mascot. He didn’t though. He just put paw prints on his face. Oh and class games are when each class compete for the homecoming name. Juniors won. My class got third.
            From the beginning, Powder Puff is when girls play football and the guy football players coach. It’s only flag football but it is still violent. The juniors won like usual. My team beat the Seniors and we played the juniors and lost by one point.
            Yes, Homecoming week is fun. But there are the extremist like usual. Tell me about your homecoming week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment